Paris is without doubt one of the world's most impressive cultural centres, featuring some truly spectacular events all over the city, including music and dance festivals, sporting tournaments and seasonal fashion shows. Popular festivals in Paris include the following events.
Annual Paris Festivals
- May: Paris Jazz festival, taking places at various central venues, with jazz musicians and performers arriving from all around the world
- June: French Open Tennis Championship, a particularly prominent and famous tennis tournament
- June: Paris Air Show, taking place every two years, showcases the latest offerings from the aerospace industry
- July: Bastille Day, held on July 14th each year, with colourful military parades and spectacular firework displays
- July: Tour de France, take place each summer around the month of July, probably the most famous cycle race in the world, watched by enormous crowds as its finished around the central streets of Paris and along the Champs-Elysées
- September: International Ready-to-Wear Fashion Show, an important and notable event in the fashion industry
- October: International Dance Festival, featuring music and dancing at various venues in central Paris
- December: New Year's Eve, with a range of parties heralding the arrival of the new year, with memorable festivities at the Paris Opera
More about Paris festivals - further information about Paris festivals and annual events.